When deciding which college to wait for the following four years, its therefore valuable to look at the school you are considering, if possible. I remember visiting numerous schools throughout the spring of my senior year and trying to imagine myself as a student for each campus. What would we eat at the dining hall? Where would my classes be located? Who would my classmates, roommates, and buddies be? That I could truly see myself doing all of those things and more and still be myself for me, it finally clicked when I found a campus. I encourage all of our admitted students to take advantageous asset of our admitted student programs throughout this month that is next try to envision exactly what your USC experience might be like.
Even although the National Candidate Reply Date is not until May 1, we have students asking, ‘Where do I sign the dotted line to attend USC?’ If (and hopefully when) you determine to come to USC, listed here is an outline associated with steps that are next becoming a full-fledged Trojan:
- Submit your Enrollment Commitment form and $300 deposit online at USConnect.usc.edu.
- Apply for educational funding, if you have not already. Go to the Financial Aid section of our internet site for more information on how to apply for school funding.
- Submit your Housing application by May 1! Housing assignments are made based on the date you submitted your application, thus there is a better chance of getting the sort of housing you want the earlier you apply. Also if you are maybe not 100% sure you are arriving at USC next year, you are able to submit the housing application and $45 fee to put up your spot in line.
- Sign up to attend Orientation over the summertime. Orientation is a great possiblity to spending some time on campus learning about the resources, facilities, and opportunities you should have access to as an undergraduate. You’ll meet other admitted students and you certainly will additionally create courses with an advisor that is academic. You will be in a position to sign up for an Orientation program 5 7 company times once you submit your commitment deposit.
- Send in your final high college transcript and AP/IB exam results. USC awards university credit for most AP examinations with a score of 4 or 5. USC also grants credit for every score of 5, 6 or 7 on the IB higher rate exams. Browse our Office of Articulation website to see exactly what type of credit USC grants for the AP that is various and exams.
When you yourself have concerns which are not covered in your admission packet or on our site or blog, please contact your admission counselor. We are pleased to help answer your questions and can’t wait to welcome you to USC!
USC: A Global Experience
USC prides itself on being a ‘Global University,’ but what exactly does which means that?
For starters, we’ve more international students than any institution that is private the country (15% in last 12 months’s freshman course!). We believe having students from different countries around the world contributes to a good learning environment by allowing for various viewpoints and opinions to be highlighted in the class.
Certain courses on their own are even created around providing pupils with the chance to connect to pupils from other countries. For example, Professor Pamela Starr in the Dornsife university teaches a class called Global Relations 366: Mexico and its Relations with the U.S. In this program, USC pupils work collaboratively (via Skype) with pupils from ITAM, a top Mexican university, as well as hear lectures by Mexican scholars via special videoconferencing computer software.
USC additionally ranks sixth within the nation for sending pupils abroad. We offer 54 programs in 29 countries, on every continent except Antarctica (perhaps someday!) Students can go abroad for a entire year for a complete immersion, or just for a semester. If you don’t desire to stay away from USC for a long time, we additionally offer many summer programs. For instance, freshmen in the Marshall School of company have the opportunity to fulfill leaders in worldwide business by traveling abroad for a program that is 10-daypast locations have actually included Shanghai, Beijing, Taiwan, and Argentina) through the LINC Program, and Dornsife pupils can boost their Spanish language skills by spending a summer living with a bunch family and using courses in Madrid, Spain. For more information about abroad programs, please visit our Office of Overseas Studies website.
Students may also do research abroad through programs such as for example Problems Without Passports. Problems Without Passports provides pupils aided by the opportunity to combine research that is inquiry-based international travel. For the couple of weeks, students will always be on-campus and investigate a problem that is international in scope. They then travel towards the area they are researching, letting them round out their learning with hands-on discovery. This summer, dilemmas Without Passports programs are being offered in Rwanda, Brazil, and Cairo, merely to name a couple of!
In addition to study abroad opportunities, Trojans can feel connected around the world with our 20 alumni workplaces overseas. Lately, we have opened an office in Sao Paolo, Brazil, where we’ve already started to increase brazilian researchers to our collaboration. With more than 300,000 living alumni worldwide, USC will only carry on shmoop.pro to expand its worldwide existence.
As we become an increasingly globalized society, it’s imperative that our students experience different cultures, as well as getting the opportunity to experience those cultures first-hand. We may be called the University of Southern Ca, but our company is certainly a place that is global!